The iPad no doubt has been on top since it first came out, the main reason for the popularity was definitely the Huge Variety in app store, you can find tons of new and creative apps now also, all the games start becoming popular from Apple store only. I.e Talking tom, Angry birds, Temple Run, Candy crush Saga and even the flappy bird that you hear about the most now a days. And many other apps. But now a days every tablet can provide you that app due to the Android OS, where in the app store you have over 900k apps by now making it just like the Apple app store with around the same amount of apps, just with a wider variety.
So now you have a good amount of Alternatives for iPad, such as:
1. Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition:
You get the best of the best features in this tablet, from the processor to the screen and every hardware in it, you get the best in market. Take a look at these specs of this tablet. The fun features and benefits are:
- S Pen and S Note App, where you can simply take out the S Pen and the app starts will start itself, then you can take notes on the go. S Pen has its own features like you can simply draw a circle on screen and reach apps faster by that shortcut.
- Split screen, which allows you to run 2 apps on the same screen, it isn’t as versatile as per now as few apps work in this way but it can be helpful I.e you can watch a video while taking notes from it.
- The high end features like 2.3 Ghz quad core processor, 3Gb RAM, Dual camera with 8MP back and 2MP front facing camera, 2560 x 1600 pixels resolution @299PPI, YOU cant actually decide the device based on specs, it has to work in a great harmony with the UI to make the tablet work its maximum capabilities. Take a look at this Review from an actual user of Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 edition.
- microSD slot is something missing from iPad. You can add more space in cheaper price and not stuck to the fixed internal storage.
2. Amazon Kindle Fire HDX:
This tablet would provide you with a low price and high specs, in case you are looking for something bit portable and bit cheaper I.e under 400 bucks, then the Galaxy Note 10.1 is bit over the price range and this tablet would serve the best purpose. The benefits that Kindle Fire HDX has to offer are:
- Dual WiFi antenna, this technology allows you to use your present connection at home at the max speed on Tablet, you’ll feel that the movies, tv shows and videos to be streaming faster than usual.
- Digital Dolby audio speakers with a booming sound quality
- 2560 x 1600 pixels @339PPI making it one of the best around in 8+ inch screen, Dual camera with 8MP resolution, 374 grams etc. See complete list of specs here.
- One advantage for Amazon customers is that you get everything infused into it so you can make real quick purchases in just few touches.
- Mayday Feature, its not the feature you’ll use everyday but it is worth mentioning here that you can get 24*7 technical support on any issue regarding your Kindle Fire, the technician would be able to guide you through in a very thorough way.
3. Nexus 10:
Nexus 10 is more like the iPad, just with a very few amount of differences. You get the better screen though. I.e the Retina display rates @264PPI, whereas the screen of Nexus 10 is @299PPI making it the better option. Here are few advantages of it:
- 2560 x 1600 pixels, 10.1 inches screen @299PPI, a 1.7Ghz dual core processor, Dual side NFC, and Android Jelly bean, 2Gb RAM, Dual camera with 5Mp rear and 1.9Mp front facing camera. HDMI port and here you can find the complete list of features.
- Then you have the stock android with no modifications and it is upgradable to KitKat
- Speakers in front
- Multi-User support
The best thing around right now in market is the Galaxy Note 10.1 as you get the best of features in every field. If you have a budget around 500 bucks, then it would be the best option to go for, but if you are looking for a cheaper and bit more portable device best for movies, then Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 does the job. But if you are simply looking for the same features of iPad just with a bit of twist, then Nexus 10 would be the best option. But if you are looking for the huge variety of apps and dont care about the low specs and high price, then iPad Air is a pretty nice tablet.