The Kindle Fire HD 2013 has no camera, but the new Fire HD tablets released in 2014 do have both front-facing and rear-facing cameras.
The Kindle Fire HDX 7″ only has a front-facing HD camera. If you want a rear camera as well, the HDX 8.9″ does have dual cameras.
Detailed review on Fire HD 7, including experience on the use of the cameras:
- 1280*800 HD Display @216PPI
- 1GB RAM
- Dual WiFi antenna
- Digital Dolby audio speaker
- microUSB charger is very universal
- 1.5Ghz dual core processor
- 8 hours battery backup
- It’s an Android tablet, but there is no access to the Google Play store. You can get apps from Amazon, though, and there are over 200K apps to choose from. Moreover, you can sideload apps that can be found on Google Play store but not in the Amazon Appstore.
If you want a device with a camera, then I would suggest getting the Fire HD or Fire HDX 8.9 models.
Best Price for Fire HD 6 or HD 7 – with VGA front-facing camera and 2MP rear-facing camera:
Best Price for Fire HDX 8.9 – with HD front-facing camera and 8MP rear-facing camera: