You can check the latest price of each model here:
- Kindle Fire HDX 7″ 16GB (around 11 GB free user space)
- Kindle Fire HDX 7″ 32GB (around 25 GB free user space)
- Kindle Fire HDX 7″ 64GB (around 54 GB free user space)
As you can see from the above, some storage space are used up by the Fire OS system files. Therefore you won’t have the storage space of the full claimed size.
We recommend you to read the following quick questions in an Amazon customer discussion to help you decide which memory size you should get:
The videos and the apps usually take up most of the storage space. On the other hand, the following content and activities usually won’t take up much space:
- Surfing the web, using emails, using Facebook, etc.
- Streaming videos – It’s just like surfing the web but it do not download content to the tablet, so it won’t take up much storage space.
- Reading eBooks – Unless you have a ton of eBooks otherwise it won’t take up lots of space. On average, 1 GB of storage can hold hundreds of e-books already.
- Storing photos – On average, 1 GB of space can hold hundreds of photos. So unless you want to storage lots of photos on your Kindle HDX tablet, otherwise it won’t be an issue.
Thus, if you are looking for a device for downloading lots of songs (500+) and several HD movies (say 5+ movies to watch offline before the next download), then make sure you get the 64 GB model or the storage won’t be enough.
Otherwise, if you will have quite a lot of songs, few HD movies (say 2 movies), and you won’t be getting every app, then the 32 GB model should be good enough for you.
Finally, if you rarely download movies (you will mostly be watching via online streaming), the 16 GB model should be good enough for you. This model is sufficient for holding some eBooks, songs and apps, just expect you will have to delete something from the device once you get too much on it.
Amazon keeps all your purchased Amazon digital content in their Cloud, so you only need to download them to your tablet when it is needed. If you won’t need much content in your device, or you’ll make clever use of the Cloud, the 16GB model would save you some money. The 32GB model will give you the choice to download and keep HD movies on the device. With the 64GB HDX, you won’t have to worry about running out of space easily.
Having said all of the above, we recommend you to go for the model that meet your needs, so please check the free user space (mentioned at the beginning of this article) to see which model suit you the best.