Kindle Fire HDX 8.9″
The Kindle Fire HDX is basically an Amazon product which provides you a device to acquire services of Amazon directly with just one touch. It does NOT means you cant use it other than for purchasing stuff from Amazon. You can use 3rd party apps to enjoy full benefits of the tablet, go to any website on internet and practically do all the stuff a normal tablet can do.
The features of Kindle Fire HDX are the best in market I.e the processor, RAM, screen are top of the line stuff and still the price range is low enough to get without having to think twice about the worth.
Actual user opinion on Kindle Fire HDX, compared to Galaxy Tab 3:
- Quad core processor (which is twice as better as the Dual core processor on Galaxy Tab 3 10.1)
- 2560*1600 resolution @ 339PPI (which is also twice the Galaxy Tab 3’s screen @ 1280*800 @149PPI)
- 8.1MP rear camera which records at 1080p (Galaxy Tab 3 has 5Mp rear which records at 720p)
- Weighs merely 374g (compared to 510g of Galaxy tab 3)
- 2Gb RAM (vs 1Gb RAM)
- Dual WiFi antenna to stream HD movies better
- No microSD slot
- Price is bit higher compared to Galaxy Tab 3 10.1
- No direct access to Google Play store. You can side-load apps from Google Play Store though.
Galaxy Tab 3 10.1
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 is what we call the Jack of all trades, where you can get almost the features inside one device and in the lowest price possible. The best part of Galaxy tab 3 is that you are not stuck with the internal storage you bought in first place, you can increase storage using the microSD card inside it.
- microSD slot to add more storage whenever required
- Direct access to Google Play Store
- Bigger screen
- Cheaper price
- Low resolution screen
- Processor and RAM aren’t up to mark compared to now-a-days technology
- Stuff bought from Google Play store cant be moved to microSD card
If you have the money, I do suggest paying a bit more for the Kindle Fire HDX as you get a lot better features and that HD screen is far more worth it for movies, games and stuff like that. Whereas if you want a cheaper tablet just to do the task then Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 would be able to do the job pretty well in cheaper price.